Thursday, May 12, 2016

Six bits and bobs

1. There is a great quote about the church in 'Practice resurrection' but I haven't got time to type it all out.

2. I had a 'Pastor meeting people who aren't Christians' encounter today and this post really helped me think differently about it and as a result it went well. Reading good blogs can actually make me a better pastor every now and again- perhaps?

3, I found this post about 'Loving the sinner, hating the sin' and interesting exchange and found myself reading through the comments box with fascination.

4, Matt Chandler (a mega-church pastor in Texas) thinks this is the best talk on pastoral ministry he has ever heard. I should probably listen as I am in pastoral ministry.

5. If you preach then this quote is one to think on:

''You may want your listeners to take notes on much of the sermon, but when you get to Christ, you want them to experience what they were taking notes about"

Preaching, Tim Keller, p.22

6. I had a surprise and wonderfully refreshing chat with a dear friend tonight that was a lived experience of the Proverb that I read and prayed this morning from my BiOY. :

'A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed' Pr 11:25

Jesus truly is risen from the dead.......

No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful