Thursday, November 19, 2015

The imperfect pastor

I am spending the week pondering specks and planks in eyes for my sermon on Matt 7.

Also, I've ordered this book because I am one.

Too easily, I fail to see my own shortcomings and offer way to little encouragement to others.

We did an interesting little thing on Wednesday as a team and simply shared one thing that has encouraged us. There is nothing like a bit of good news, however small, to take your eye off whatever might be wrong or not have gone to plan.

Here is a thought as we end the week. Encourage someone. Drop them a line, tell them face to face, give them a call or offer to pray for them.

It works a wonder.....

No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful