Monday, August 22, 2011

What God wants most from us

"Brothers and sisters, I really feel that I've heard from God about the future of our church. While I was away, I was calling out to God to help us- to help me- understand what he wants most from us. And I believe I've heard an answer.

It's not fancy or profound or spectacular. But I want to say to you today with all seriousness I can muster: From this day on, the prayer meeting will be the barometer of our church. What happens on Tuesday night will be the gauge by which we will judge success or failure because that will be the measure by which God blesses us.

"If we call upon the Lord, he has promised in his Word to answer, to bring unsaved people to himself, to pour out his Spirit among us. If we don't call upon the Lord, he has promised nothing- nothing at all. It's as simple as that. No matter what I preach or what we claim to believe in our heads, the future will depend upon our times of prayer"


[Fresh wind, Fresh Fire, Page 27]

No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful