Saturday, June 11, 2011

Pentecost 2011

A church I was part of a while back went through a phase of practicing what they called 'soaking prayer'. The basic principle seemed to be intentionally resting in the love, presence and goodness of God. I'm all for that. A pal of mine recently listened to Come away with me  from this album and he told me that as he was walking to church one evening listening to the first song he freshly soaked in the love of God. Feel free to be blessed likewise- make some space, listen and rest in the Lord. I am hoping for a bit of that as I gather with 20k others tonight to celebrate pentecost. They still have a few tickets- we're taking our youth and sundry hangers on.....tickets here

No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful