Thursday, March 31, 2011

Thursday thoughts

Trevor, who I work with, is having an urgent MRI today. Please join me in praying for him and Kate and their boys.

Only a few bits today.

A friend said the WordLive email she gets every Monday is a real blessing to her and has been particularly this week. You can sign up for it for free.

Another pal has just started a new job and is working out how everything operates and how his new organisation and its people tick. At Vicar factory, we often had visiting speakers and one of them when I asked him what was the most helpful book he had ever read told me it was "How to win friends and influence people' by Dale Carnegie. My friend is now off to buy it.

A dear lady gave me 'Sunlight for cloudy days' this morning after our prayer meeting. We are both huge fans of Spurgeon.

This line she showed me really hit home.

"It is more honourable to save a soul from death than to rule an Empire. Such honour all saints may have"

[Page 113]

No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful