Thursday, December 02, 2010

Why work?

I am preaching on heaven this Sunday.

One thing I have read that has really blessed me is an essay by Dorothy Sayers called 'Why work?' You would do well to read it for it seems to me to contain some extremely profound insights. The insights come I think from when it was written, immediately post war, but still with the wartime mentality supremely fresh in Sayers mind. This is I think what gives the essay such power.

So if you are someone wondering what to do or struggling with what it is you are doing, this maybe helpful for you. At least, I found it be so. May be worth reading over your lunchtime sandwich wherever it is you work and I hope it is a blessing to you.

No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful