Friday, October 08, 2010

Summit meeting

Well, today I have been for my annual reminder that I will never run a megachurch.

I attended the Willow Leadership Summit. Whilst I know I will never be Bill Hybels this annual pilgrimage always renews my passion for Jesus and the gospel and really resources my soul. I think it's because it's business meets church and as I have spent more of my life in business than church it resonates with me.

The content was excellent as ever

I bought a ton of books and managed to read Just courage on the train home. Great stuff.

Highlights for me were Hybels on vision being getting people from 'Here to there', Jim Collins' story about Peter Drucker and Christine Caine's flaming passion for Jesus. She brought me to tears (and the whole row of people sitting next to me). Phenomenal.

I will post more when I get time.

No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful