Thursday, April 15, 2010

Losing heart

Today we discussed why so many get discouraged in ministry and generally in their walk with Jesus.

First a confession. I bunked my Greek class (fortunately no one reads this blog so I should be ok) Anyway, all was not lost after a fantastic start to the day studying 2 Corinthians 4 with Paula Gooder when one Greek word was all I needed. It will keep me going for some time.

This passage is all about keeping going. The word for 'lose heart' in Greek is 'egkakew' which is the word used for the pain a women feels in and prior to child birth. It is the pain that proceeds the joy. The joy a mother feels once the baby is placed in her arms. The pain that was so real at the time but is so quickly forgotten.

So if you are losing heart or are in pain be encouraged. The joy is coming. Joy, such amazing joy. It really really is.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful