Sunday, August 23, 2009

Up front

What a time at U2.

I have seen many bands in concert but by pure grace found myself in the front row of the millenium stadium for a show that literally took my breath away.

Bono was once asked which of his songs he thought was best and, pausing for thought, he said, "We haven't written it yet". Perhaps that is their secret- a sense that their best is not behind them but before them. If only we too will challenge ourselves to take hold of what is ahead. Another quote I liked was from the Edge who, after playing with Bob Dylan, was asked "What is it like to play with such a legend?" replied "I don't know, I guess you'll have to ask him"

After breakfast on Saturday, I noticed a bookshop opposite where we were eating and in a pile of reduced titles saw 'By searching' by Isobel Kuhn which I read on the train back to London. One Hudson Taylor quote she repeated often has stuck with me, 'Learn to move men, through God, by prayer alone.'

Thanks to all for a wonderful time.

I am blessed indeed.

No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful