Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Feel

Recently, I listened to this (one for the ipod) about the heart and have since taken on a little study of people's thoughts. 

I have been reading Feel.

'First, we have made our relationship with God more about fulfilling our duty than expressing our passion. We make our spiritual lives into a list of dos and don'ts. We pursue this list actually more than we pursue Jesus. And this lead to a life that eventually becomes tired, numb, devoid of feeling, dead'

[Page 17]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Think I'd like to read this one when you're done.

How's the 10 things list coming on?

You know who I am.

David Cooke said...

When I am done it's all yours. 10 thing is in editorial;)

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful