Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Keller and 'Tribes'

I have spent the last couple of days with Keller. Lots of excellent stuff and far too much to mention here.  What I did notice is Keller's ability to bring the different tribes of the church together.  Yesterday at London City Mission (the talks will be on this site soon) was  full of free churchers, a few Anglicans and some missionaries. Today, he was speaking to New Frontiers, a tribe I have never spent much time with, but God is most certainly at work in this great church planting movement. I saw a couple of friends from the Vineyard in the crowd today and my old Vicar from Oxford. Tomorrow, he is speaking to the crew at All Souls. 

Tribes is something that is starting to interest me. Seth Godin has written a book called Tribes which I think might be a timely read. 

No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful