Saturday, October 25, 2008

Slum survivor


This year at Soul Survivor our young people caught the idea of Slum Survivor and committed to 'Spend a day the way a billion spend a lifetime'. They have built a slum in our church car park and are, at this very moment, planning to spend the night under cardboard. As I was thinking about Slum Survivor I came across this post about 'Generation We' and wondered if one generation can make a step change for humanity. If I am honest I am not sure mine has but I pray that the next may do a bit better. Whilst it would be bold to say 10 teenagers are making a step for humanity they are at least, in a city more obsessed by loft conversions than the oppressed, awakening hearts, minds and wallets to the fortunes of others.

Feel free to encourage your church to do something similar.

No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful