Monday, September 29, 2008

Three things a leader needs

John Calvin wrote "It is evident that man never attains a true self-knowledge until he has previously contemplated the face of God and come down after such contemplation to look at himself". I have had one passage that I have been contemplating for few months now-1 Samuel 30:1-8

So what are the three things I think I am learning from it?

1. To cry

David knew how to weep. vs 3

2. To be strengthened

David knew how to strengthen himself in the Lord vs 6

3. To inquire of God

David knew to ask vs 8

So. perhaps the Lord has been teaching me that ministry is about tears and facing loss, about learning how to find strength and about remembering to ask before I act.

The learning-process is for me a slow one.

No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful