Thursday, September 04, 2008

ESV Study Bible


I have had a weird day off this week- Wednesday lunchtime to Thursday lunchtime- all due to our men's weekend away in Wales tomorrow (that will be another post!). Anyway, I went to see a pal in Oxford and as ever we talked about many many things. This morning somehow we got talking about the new ESV Study bible which my friend and I both enthused about but he has pipped me and has got his on pre-order. If you own no other Study bible this might be the one to get. They have a range on Amazon and both he and I have gone for the pucker, last a lifetime, full monty, be on your study desk for ever leather version. He told me that J I Packer who has been very involved in this considers it to be the culmination of his life's work. (If you are online to order this- be sure you have also pre-ordered The Prodigal God which comes out in October)

No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful