Sunday, January 06, 2008

Reading the bible



Following my sermon today, I promised I would put some helpful books on the blog. If you are up for it, the best way to read the bible is to read it all the way through. Robert Murray McCheyne has the best 4 chapter reading method I know and Don Carson has done a great book to help you use it called 'For the love of God'. I can't commend this highly enough. If you are just in the place where you want to ask questions and have more of an overview then 'The Purpose Driven Life' is excellent and life-changing. If you just want a verse a day and some real wisdom then My utmost for his highest is the a classic. Blessing comes through the word and reading it prayerfully will release God's plan's and purposes for you like nothing else.

No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful