Saturday, November 03, 2007

The 2.20

I did my first funeral. In fact I didn't do it but I watched and learnt. We arrived at the crematorium in good time a stood outside the chapel. Not long there, a large wooden door opened an the organist wearing a grey suit and black tie said rather matter of factly:

"Are you the 2.20?"

As it happens we were and we weren't. A deceased lady of 87 whom I had never met was the 2.20, but the truth is we all will be one day. 25 minutes (by the way that's the maximum a crem funeral can take) to sum up your life and my life.

That's it.

Your slot and my slot and then we're gone.

I saw that all I do is so fleeting.

What's going to matter? Really matter. What do you want them to say?

We'd better all work that out before we all join the queue. Maybe not the 2.20 ....you may get the 11.05 or 3.15.

Put your pride aside and seek out the only person who can make the 2.20 have any meaning at all.

My 'SOME GOOD NEWS' on the side bar is my best attempt at explaining it

Jesus died for you and wants your response.

He's desperate for it.

Be sure to RSVP before 2.20......

No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful